History and Operations
The building that currently houses the Westminster West Public Library was built in 1936 and dedicated by Governor George Aiken on October 10, 1936. An expansion was undertaken in 2000 to add additional space, running water, and restroom facilities.
The library is funded through the town of Westminster and by generous donations. Lise Cavanaugh, librarian, hosts after school and vacation programs, multicultural guests and events, a monthly book club, and a myriad of other events. The library also offers access to computers, printing, and WiFi. The library is handicap accessible via a ramp on the side of the building.
Board of Trustees
Abi Lorditch, President
Jim Paris, Treasurer
Kathryn Alverson, Secretary
Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Meeting Agendas and Minutes (Ongoing document, updated before and after each meeting)